One of the most versatile actresses and multi-talented personal who has contributed a lot to the movie industry is Rashida Jones. She is an American actress, director, producer, writer, and model.
Jones is best known for her roles as Louisa Fenn on the series Boston Public and as Karen Filippelli on the comedy series The Office. Jones has been a part of many drama series as well as movies.
Some of her most loved movies are I Love You, Man, The Social Network, Our Idiot Brother, Celeste and Jesse Forever, and The Muppets. Within her many years of contribution to the acting industry, she has also won several awards and honors.
Well, today, we will be discussing the detailed biography of this versatile and multi-talented actress, Rashida Jones.
Quick Facts: Rashida Jones
|Full Name:||Rashida Leah Jones|
|Birth Date:||February 25, 1976|
|Age:||45 years old|
|Birth Place:||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Father’s Name:||Quincy Jones|
|Mother’s Name:||Peggy Lipton|
|Siblings:||Kidada Jones, Kenya Kinski-jones, Quincy Jones III, Jolie Jones Levine, Rachel Jones, Martina Jones|
|Height:||5 feet 4 inches(163cm)|
|Weight:||58 kg or 128 lbs|
|Body Measurements:||34-24-35 inches or 86-61-89cm|
|Hair Color:||Dark Brown|
|Education:||Harvard University, The Buckley School|
|Profession:||Film director, Screenwriter, Singer, Voice acting, Author, Film Producer, Philanthropist, Voice actor, Television producer, Film actor|
|Social Media Presence:||Twitter, Instagram|
Early Life and Education of Rashida
Rashida Leah Jones, aka Rashida Jones, was born on the 25th of February, 1976, in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Jones is the younger sister of model and actress Kidada Jones. Kenya Kinski-jones, Quincy Jones III, Jolie Jones Levine, Rachel Jones, Martina Jones are her other half-sister from her father’s other relationships.
She is Quincy Jones’s daughter (Father), who used to be a Musician and Record Producer, and Peggy Lipton(Mother), who used to be an actress.
Her mother was Ashkenazi Jewish, and her father is African American with Tikar roots. Their mother raised Rashida and her sister in Reform Judaism.
At the age of 14, Jones’s parents got divorced, and Rashida moved with their mother to Brentwood while her sister remains with their father.
Talking about education, Jones joined Hebrew school, which she left at the age of ten.
After that, she continues her study at The Buckley School in Sherman Oaks, California. She was even selected for the National Honor Society and also “Most Likely To Succeed.”
Furthermore, she continues her education at Harvard University. She belongs to Harvard Radcliffe Dramatic Club, Hasty Pudding Theatricals, Black Students Association, Harvard-Radcliffe Opportunes, and the Signet Society.
She used to be involved in performing arts and also acted in several plays.
Age, Height, and Body Measurements
Beautiful and talented actress Rashida Jones is currently living her 45th years of age. Her Zodiac sign is Pisces representing her as gentle, wise, musical, and artistic.
Jones has an average body height of 5 feet and 4 inches, i.e., 163 cm, with a total body weight of 58 kg, i.e., 128 pounds.
This American actress has an amazing body figure with a measurement of 34-24-35 inches representing her chest size, waist size, and hip size.
Acting Career of Rashida Jones
Jones began her acting career from the debut movie The Last Don, which was based on the novel written by Mario Puzo.
Looking at her talent for acting, she was quickly granted another role in Myth America, If These Walls Could Talk 2, and East of A.
Rashida began to shine in the movie industry after earning an NAACP Image Award nomination in her final year of 26 episodes. More of her early career movies were Full Frontal, Now You Know, and Roadside Assistance.
She then appeared on the two episodes of the series Death of a Dynasty, which Damon Dash directed. Jones began to appear on more American series such as Strip Search, Little Black Book, NY-LON, Stella, and Wanted.
Before joining the television series cast, The Office, she decided to leave the acting profession and lean towards a graduate degree in public policy.
After her appearance on The Office as Karen Filippelli, she was regularly seen in the interim job.
Jones gave continuity to her acting career with the appearance in several movies such as Brief Interviews with Hideous Men, and I Love You, Man, Parks and Recreation, and The Social Network.
In 2010, she starred opposite Chris Messina in the movie Monogamy, which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival.
After realizing herself as a great actress, Jones decided to remain an actress and perform in more movies in 2011. Her movies of 2011 were Friends with Benefits, The Big Year, The Muppets, and Our Idiot Brother.
Rashida Jones in 2015 produced the documentary film named Hot Girls Wanted, in which the roles of teenage girls are examined for pornographic films.
The film (Hot Girls Wanted) was premiered at Sundance Film Festival on May 29, 2015.
Jones is serving as an executive producer on the online movie channel Netflix sitcom black AF opposite Kenya Barris, the creator of the series.
She then voiced the on Fox’s Duncanville for the recurring role of Mia.
Awards and Nominations
- Jones was nominated for the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for Boston Public in 2002.
- Jones was nominated for the Independent Spirit Award for Best First Screenplay for Celest and Jesse Forever in 2011.
- Jones was nominated for the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for Parks and Recreation in 2012.
- Jones was nominated for the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Writing in a Television Movie for the episode “Nosedive” of Black Mirror in 2017.
- Rashida won Grammy Award for Best Music Film for Quincy in 2019.
- Rashida was nominated for the Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Comedy, or Musical for On the Rocks in 2021.
- Wide Smile
- Hairstyle with fringe
Rashida Jones Favorite Things
- T-Shirt Brand: Laloo
- Art: Donald Baechler print
- Bedsheets Brand: John Robshaw
- Coffee Joint: Bonsignour Cafe in West Village, New York City
- Cocktail: Grey Goose Martini, dry and dirty and with three olives
- Charity: Peace Games and Jeans Topshop
- Underwear: Muji boy-short underwear and Hanky Panky
- Sneakers: Converse
- Day Bag: Chanel 2.55
- Evening Bag: Wilbur and Gussie
- Beauty Products: LeClerc lip gloss, NARS Velvet Matte pencil
Rashida Jones Facts
- Jones was included on the list of “50 Most Beautiful People” in 2002 by The people’s magazine.
- At her early age, she wanted to become a lawyer.
- Rashida comes into the spotlight after writing an open letter to the famous rapper Tupac Shakur in 1994 in response to his negative comments on Rashida’s Parents’ interracial marriage.
- While she was studying in high school, she was selected to the National Honor Society.
- The US Central Intelligence Agency has recruited a comic book series named Frenemy of the State, which Rashida created. This comic book focuses on the adventures of a socialite.
- Even before publishing the first issue of the series, the screen right to her comic book series named Frenemy of the State was sold to Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment.
- To write Toy Story 4, Rashida and Will McCormack were hired by Pixar Animation and Walt Disney Studios.
- Rashida was chosen as a board member of the organization Peace First in 2004, which is a non-profit organization and it teaches children to tackle conflict without resorting to violence.
- She has participated and contributed to fundraiser events for the EM Medical Research Foundation, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, and New York’s Lower Eastside Girls Club.
- During her teenage, she, together with her mother, practiced Hinduism for some time. They also have visited the ashram in India.
- Rashida has launched her own type of jewelry witH iconery.com.
Personal Life of Rashida Jones
Rashida was raised as Jewish, and she practiced Hinduism during her early life along with her mother, with whom she went to the ashram in India.
Jones being multi-racial, wants her to be identified as both black and Jewish.
Jones is happy to approve of herself as a biracial and doesn’t care what people might think of her.
In February 2003, she was engaged with Mark Ronson, a music producer who proposed to Jones using a custom-made crossword puzzle “Will you marry me?” on her 27th birthday.
Sadly, the couple couldn’t last for long as they split after a year of their marriage. Jones in 2018 gave birth to a son whose father is Ezra Koenig, a musician.
How much does Rashida Jones Earn? Net Worth and Income
Multi-talented American actress, director, writer, and producer Rashida Jones has several income roads and surely earns millions of dollars from her overall professional career.
The total estimated net worth of Rashida Jones as of the recent stats of 2021 is around 25 million dollars.
This 45 years old celebrity lives her dream life earning and spending millions of dollars.
The main source of her earning is acting, whereas she also makes a massive amount through her writings, music videos, and advertising.
Social Media Presence
In this digital era, social media has been the way of life and especially for celebrities who receive huge fan followings.
Rashida Jones is also available on several social media platforms where she posts her daily life pictures to share with her fans.
Jones is mostly an active Instagram user where she has a huge following of over 1.9 million with over 800 posts.
Rashida is also active on her Twitter account, where she has over 1 million followers and 2 thousand tweets.
Unfortunately, Jones is unavailable on Facebook or YouTube account. But you can always follow Jones on her Instagram and Twitter social media accounts to know about her usual lifestyle activities.