One of the most talented Cuban-Spanish actresses who is currently ruling Hollywood with her outstanding acting skills is Ana de Armas.
Armas is best known for her leading role in the romantic drama series Una rosa de Francia and teen drama series El Internado.
Beautiful Ana has been able to mark herself as one of the top Hollywood actresses currently though being of Cuban-Spanish descent.
Some of the most popular movies played by Ana are Knock Knock (2015), War Dogs (2016), Hands of Stone (2016), and Blade Runner 2049 (2017).
Talented actress Ana has also been awarded and nominated for her jaw-dropping roles in several movies. Well, let us know more about Ana de Armas’s in-depth, starting from quick facts about her.
Quick Facts: Ana de Armas
|Full Name:||Ana Celia de Armas Caso|
|Birth Date:||April 30, 1988|
|Age:||32 years old|
|Birth Place:||Havana, Cuba|
|Father’s Name:||Ramon de Armas|
|Mother’s Name:||Ana Caso|
|Height:||5 feet 6 inches or 168cm|
|Weight:||55 kg or 121 lbs|
|Body Measurements:||35-25-35 inches or 89-63.5-89 cm|
|Nationality:||Cuban and Spanish|
|Hair Color:||Light Brown|
|Education:||National Theatre of Cuba|
|Profession:||Actor, Film actor|
|Social Media Presence:|
Early Life and Education of Ana de Armas
Ana Celia de Armas Caso aka Ana de Armas was born on April 30, 1983, in Havana, Cuba, and raised in Santa Cruz del Norte. Ana grew up with her older brother named Javier. This beauty is the daughter of Ramon de Armas(father) and Ana Caso(Mother).
Her father worked in different positions, including a teacher, a bank manager, a school principal, and the town’s deputy mayor. He had studied at Soviet University, and his major subject is philosophy.
But her mother worked in the human resource center of the Ministry of Education.
Furthermore, Ana had a tough childhood as she grew up with fuel shortages, food rationing, and electricity blackouts during Cuba’s Special Period, though she has described her childhood as happy.
There was no internet access, due to which she had limited knowledge of the popular culture.
Due to poor economic conditions, her family did not own a “DVD or video player,” so she used to go to her neighbor’s apartment to watch Hollywood movies. Ana was allowed to watch “20 minutes of cartoons on Saturday and Sunday”.
In her early days, she used to memorize and practiced monologues in front of the mirror. At 12 years old, she decided to become an actress, and in 2002, when she was 14 years old, she successfully auditioned to join Havana’s National Theater School of Cuba.
During her student life, she appeared in three movies; due to the restriction of leaving the country without finishing three years of compulsory service to the state, she had to leave four years of drama course.
Ana de Armas was 18 years old when she moved to Madrid, Spain, with her maternal grandparents to pursue an acting career.
Age, Height, and Body Measurement
One of the prettiest actresses, Ana de Armas, is currently living her 32 years of life and currently living in Affleck’s Los Angeles. The Zodiac sign of Ana is Taurus describing her character as intelligent, dependable, hardworking, dedicated, and stubborn.
Talking about her physical stats, she has an impressive-looking body with an average height of 5 feet 6 inches or 168cm and a total body weight of 55 kg or 121 lbs.
This beautiful and gorgeous actress has a perfect body measurement of 35-25-35 inches or 89-63.5-89 cm.
Furthermore, to extend her beauty, she has Greenish pair of eyes and a Light Brown hair color. This beauty wears a bra size of 32B, feet/shoe size of 8(US), and a dress size of 6(US).
Career Life of Ana de Armas
Ana made her acting debut in the romantic drama movie Una rosa de Francia in 2006. She was approached for the role by Cuban actor Jorge Perugorria whom she met at a birthday party of Jorge’s daughter.
Jorge personally approached her, interrupting her audition at school to provide her a role in the movie. Ana then began to appear in other movies with Jorge and her Spanish agent’s support.
Ana, after her outstanding performance in Una rosa de Francia was cast in the teen drama series El Internado as Carolina, where she appeared for six seasons. With this teen series’s success, Ana de Armas became a famous actress and celebrity.
After appearing in several Spanish movies such as Hispania, El Callejon, Anabel, and Por un punado de Besos, Armas moved to Los Angeles for Hollywood movies.
As of Spanish descent, she was bad at speaking English which made her to start the career from scratch after reaching Los Angeles. After learning English, she appeared in the erotic horror thriller movie, Knock Knock with Keanu Reeves in 2015.
Some more Ana’s movies after her fluency in English are, Exposed, War Dogs, and Hands of Stones. In 2017, Ana was cast in the futuristic thriller movie Blade Runner 2049, providing three-dimensional warmth to the character.
Well, some of her most recent movies that increased the popularity as an actress are, Knives Out (2019), Yesterday (2019), The Informer (2020), The Night Clerk (2020), Sergio (2020), and Wasp Network (2020).
Awards and Nomination of Ana de Armas
- Nominated for the Saturn Awards as Best Supporting Actress from Blade Runner 2049 in 2018.
- Nominated for the Detroit Film Critics Society Awards as Best Breakthrough from Knives Out in 2019.
- Won National Board of Review Awards as Best Cast from Knives Out in 2019.
- Won Golden Schmoes Awards as Breakthrough Performance of the Year from Knives Out in 2019.
- Nominated IGN Summer Movie Awards as Best Lead Performer in a Movie from Knives out in 2019.
- Nominated Golden Globe Awards as Best Actress – Motion Picture Comedy or Musical from Knives Out in 2020.
- Won Satellite Awards as Best Cast – Motion Picture from Knives Out in 2020.
- Nominated Satellite Awards as Best Actress – Motion Picture Comedy or Musical from Knives Out in 2020.
- Nominated Critics’ Choice Awards as Best Acting Ensemble from Knives Out in 2020.
- Nominated Gold Derby Awards as Best Ensemble and Best Breakthrough Performer from Knives Out in 2020.
- Won Spanish Actors Union Awards as Best Actress in an International Production from Knives Out in 2020.
- Nominated Imagen Awards as Best Actress – Feature Film from Knives Out in 2020.
Favorites of Ana de Armas
- Favorite music: Latino
- Favorite Color: Red
- Favorite Animal: Dog
- Favorite Movie: Rainman
Ana de Armas Facts
- At the age of 19, Armas moved to Spain.
- She learned English, and after moving to Los Angeles, she got more than 8 films in just two years.
- In 2008, Ana was a cover girl for the FHM Magazine Spanish edition.
- In 2016, Ana made her debut at the Cannes Film Festival.
- She has a dog named Elvis.
- In 2019, Ana played the American mystery film, Knives Out in which she played the role of Marta Cabrera. In this movie, she co-starred alongside Chris Evans, Jamie Lee Curtis, Daniel Craig, Michael Shannon, Toni Collette, Don Johnson, Katherine Langford, Lakeith Stanfield, Jaeden Martell, and Christopher Plummer.
- Ana became the first Latina actress to play a Bond girl.
- For her performance in Knives out, she was awarded the “Best Actress in an International Production” at the 2020 Spanish Actors Union and won the 2019 Golden Schmoes Award for “Breakthrough Performance of the Year.” This role also got her nominated for Golden Award and Satellite Award for “Best Actress – Motion Picture Comedy or Musical.”
- Elena Furiase is a good friend of Ana.
- Ana has deactivated her Twitter account in 2021.
Personal Life of Ana de Armas
With the perks of being a beautiful and popular celebrity, surely many boys would fall for her. Similarly, she has been in a relationship with many boys.
Armas began dating Spanish actor Marc Clotet, her first relationship in mid-2010 that converted successfully into marriage in July 2011 in Costa Brava. Sadly, the couple got divorced in early 2013.
She then began dating Franklin Latt, an American talent agent, from early 2015 to late 2016. Ana became on and off in several relations as she dated Ben Affleck, an American actor, in early 2020 and ended the relationship in January 2021.
Net Worth, Income, and Salary
This 32 years old Ana de Armas already has a successful career as an actress. Starting a career as a Spanish actress and now as a Hollywood actress, surely she is making stacks of money.
The total estimated net worth of Ana de Armas as per the stats of 2021 is around 4 million dollars. Without a doubt, she makes her maximum earning through her acting career as she has already appeared in dozens of movies.
By analyzing her social media accounts, we can confirm that Ana is living her dream life, spending her millions.
Social Media Presence
With the perks of being a popular and beautiful celebrity, many people admire and adore this Cuban-Spanish actress. Millions of people follow de Armas as an inspiration and encouragement in her social media.
<<Adriana Mora Instagram Model Age, Height, Dating, Net Worth>>
Currently, you can only find Ana de Armas on her Instagram account, where she has a massive number of 3.9 million followers with over 1800 posts sharing her personal life with her fans.
This beautiful actress deleted her Twitter account and is unavailable on other social media platforms like Facebook or YouTube.